Day 90 - Jigsaw

I read this on Instagram yesterday and thought wow! 

I have only ever done one big jigsaw in my life - it was a 1000 piece one called ‘Celebration’ and was of Noah’s Ark. We did it when we lived in our last house - so at least 18 years ago. 

But I still remember the sense of achievement and satisfaction when we put that last piece into place and we were able to stand back and enjoy the big picture. 

Sometimes we forget that life is like that. We forget that as we live out day to day, God is working away behind the scenes, putting the right things into our lives at the right time. 

And every single thing that happens is to help the big picture. 

For example - I know that things I haven’t done in my life - like the second trip to Malta or going to Stranmillis - hurt at the time and I really didn’t understand, yet later, as I began to see what I was building (jigsaw wise) I got it! There were good reasons why neither of those things happened. Good reasons I had to wait to find out. Good reasons that God knew but I had to trust. 

And there are no extra pieces - He doesn’t add things to our lives for no reason either. That thing that you know how to do but have no reason why - will come into play one of these days. That person you’ve just met will become a vital part of these next years. 

Like going to a SW meeting years ago with a girl from church, only to end up with her as my bestie. Or going to work in a school classroom, only to find another best friend. 

God is good. All the time. 
And we can always, always trust that He is in control of what comes in and goes out of our lives. 

And so ladies, that’s one reason I am extremely thankful that you all are in my life! 💌




No comments:

Post a Comment