Day 72 - Who I am... 

Who am I? 

When I thought about the question ‘Who am I?’ at the start, it seemed simple. The list of my different roles is endless – wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, worker... we’ve talked about this before… But I realised that this list doesn’t tell me who I am.

I guess delving into this will bring up more questions than it answers, but let’s give it a go anyway!

One of the biggest things that I can say, is not to answer the question of who I am as Tanya, but as a daughter of the King of Kings. Who am I in Christ?


"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

I love this so much. Nothing. Nada. Nought. Human relationships may fail or break down, but God’s love is forever. Situations on earth may change, but God’s love endures forever. Nothing in this world or the next – not angels, not demons, not power, and nothing in creation. Nothing. 

It can be hard to get this through your head – our relationships are affected so much external and internal factors. But nothing can separate us from God. 

The coronavirus has us completely separated from each other, and we have all seen how hard that has been... but can you imagine having to do life without God? 

Ladies - you are loved - beyond measure - by someone who dies to show you how much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment