Day 48 - God's Word always comes to pass


Morning lovely ladies! 

Yesterday I was trying to record some Mr Men stories for our wee kiddies but I didn’t have much luck. I got one recorded, but the second story failed miserably. I started the story 4 times but either one of the boys walked in and spoke, the timer for dinner went off in the background or my phone died... it was crazy! 

It reminded me of all the other things I’ve started and never quite got to finish during this time in lockdown...

Like the bathroom edges - I did the first coat but forgot to finish it with the second...

Like the time I had to wash my laundry all over again because I forgot I’d put it on... 

Like the time I...

Disaster! If you know me personally you will know how easily distracted I am. I’m like the dog I’m Up that keeps seeing squirrles! 

But why am I sharing this? Because we are all human. We are all flawed and distracted and no matter how much we try things will still be forgotten. 

But God is not like that at all. He keeps his word - every single like word. We were learning about the children of Israel coming out of the wilderness and into the promised land - and this verse summed it all up. 

“Not a word failed of any good thing which 
the LORD had spoken to the house of Israel. 
All came to pass.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭21:45‬ ‭

God had made some pretty amazing promises to the children of Israel since the start of Genesis - and continued the whole time they were in the wilderness. And when they reached Canaan? 

ALL CAME TO PASS

God keeps His promises ladies and He has promised to be with us always and never leave us. If He has given you a particular word, hold fast to it because it will come true. 

That’s how amazing our God is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment