Day 47 - Keep me from lying to myself...



A little thought from the Psalms this morning ladies. 

"Keep me from lying to myself; 
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions."
Psalms 119:29  

What a verse! Right in to the heart of the matter. No messing around with niceties or platitudes - a plea for honesty. 

This verse really struck me. I am forever lying to myself about my failures or issues. For instance, I eat something I don't need, but tell myself I needed it... Or I don't exercise and tell myself there was a very good reason... Or buy something online and pretend to myself that it wasn't very dear... Or use my time doing something not exactly productive (like watching Netflix) but tell myself I needed the break...

Even though I KNOW that I eat too much and too emotionally, I need to exercise or I will end up not being able to even move, and that the money would be much better spent elsewhere, that my to-do list is getting longer rather than shorter. 

And because of this I self-sabotage anything good I try to do. This is a continual cycle of behaviour that has to change. Not only is it destructive to me, but it also impacts everyone around me. 

And only God can help me change. It’s a heart issue. An obedience issue. 

I need to get back to the Word, to stop kidding myself and learn from the source what I should be doing. God is the only one who can help me so I need desperately to give it to Him.  

What are your thoughts today? Are you lying to yourself about anything? 

Stay safe. Stay at home. And try to stay sane!! 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment