Day 39 - Who am I?


Good morning lovely ladies! Can you believe it’s the start of yet another week morning in lockdown?!

Well, it’s a Monday so I thought I’d share some music with you again.

Today’s song is by Casting Crowns and is called ‘Who Am I?’






In the song we are described as


“...a flower quickly fading:
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapour in the wind.”

All of these things, in the vastness of eternity, are insignificant, fleeting - and that’s kinda what our lives are, gone in the blink of an eye - BUT the difference is that God love us more than anything.

Psalm 103: 15-17 says -

“The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; 
the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. 
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him...”

At the point when we realise that it’s nothing to do with us and EVERYTHING to do with God, that’s when we see that we need Him and that we can’t do this alone. 

The song says -

“Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are.”

This is the point everything changes. We stop trying to do everything ourselves and ask God for help. We stop trying to be the important one, and give the glory to God.  We realise we are not worthy of anything He gives us, yet...

“Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours.”

How amazing is that! That’s how much God loves us. He never lets us down. And He is always right there beside us. And He wants you to know how special He thinks you are.

You. Yes - you - reading this right now. God loves YOU.

Praying you have a great week ladies, knowing that you are loved - truly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment