Day 38 - At the end of your rope


In Matthew there is a very famous passage called the Sermon on the Mount. Part of this is a set of ‘blessed are’ statements and today’s verse is the first of these.


To be honest I’ve always had a bit of difficulty understanding these properly but I ‘got’ this one the other day so thought I’d share it!!

Matthew 5:3 says
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”


Clear as mud! But if we think about it using more modern language look what happens...

“You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. 
With less of you there is more of God and his rule.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:3‬ ‭MSG‬‬

This is especially poignant now as we go through this world-wise crisis. Poor in spirit just means when we get to that point where we realise that we need to depend on God or we aren’t getting through this. It is when you realise that nothing is going to work unless God steps in. You’ve reached the end of your tether. Hit rock bottom. Realised that spiritually speaking, you have nothing going for you. Except God’s love. Knowing you need to be totally reliant on Him.

That’s what God wants, my lovely ladies - for us to be so dependent on Him because we know His plans are greater than ours, His ways are better than ours and His love for us is everlasting.

When we are weak, He becomes our strength and I can testify that I’ve had to rely on Him so many times, when I didn’t have the strength to do it by myself. And He’s never let me down.

So today, no matter what happens, remember that God loves you, He is always with you and He wants you to rely on Him and let Him be your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment