Day 34 - Starting our day with God


Good morning ladies ! 

At least it’s still morning 😂
You may have noticed I am not a morning person. Usually when I get into work one of the girls ends up saying ‘you look like you need a coffee’!!! 

My sister is amazing at mornings - like she gets up at 4:30/5am to run! Yeah I think she’s a bit of a weirdo too!!! 

But I wish I was like her. The thing is, when I have to I can. A couple of years ago I did a 6 week boot camp with my sister-in-law. It involved being at the gym at 6am a couple of mornings a week... that meant I had to get up, get dressed and drive to the gym BEFORE 6am. 

And do you know what - I was able to do it so well that I actually was waking up before my alarm went off!

So why can’t I do it all the time? Why can’t I get motivated enough to get up and make the most of my mornings? 

One thing I do enjoy
Is having some quiet time in the mornings before everyone gets up, to have a coffee and spend time with God. But again - I don’t do it regularly. I’m too lazy and I enjoy sleeping too match. 

Today’s verse reminds us why we need to get into the way of spending time in God’s Word. 

“Before daybreak the next morning, 
Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:35‬ ‭

Even Jesus - God’s Son - got up early to spend time with His Father, to talk to Him and go through His day plans (I imagine!) 

If we give our first moments of our day to God it will make an amazing difference to our days. I know it has in the past for me. 

I just wish I had the motivation and stamina to keep it up. So I am making a wee challenge - to myself and anyone who wants to join in. 

This week get up earlier than usual and spend some time reading and praying - I’ll let you know how I’m doing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment