Day 20 - Peace only God can give



The definition of peace is freedom from disturbance; tranquillity.

While we are at home it’s like we are in a little bubble. And while we are in our little bubbles, there is a lot of more peace over the earth, as traffic and pollution calms and animals are seen in places they’re not usually seen.

But a lot of people are really struggling to find peace within themselves.

I’m reading a great devotional book at the moment and one of the tasks was to find 3 verses about peace and learn them, so that when troubles come you can remember them.

One of the verses I chose is John 16:33 -

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. 
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. 
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭

I believe that my God is bigger than COVID-19 so I have a peace about what’s happening in the world. Even with people getting sick and dying - I know that God is in control and that He has a reason for everything.

God doesn’t tell us he’s going to move obstacles for us, or that we won’t have to go through bad times - He tells us instead,that the difference is that we will have Him right there beside us.

And guess what - in the end - God wins. Over death, sin, the devil.  Over COVID-19. Over everything. He is bigger than anything out there.

I know some people say faith like this is a crutch or impossibly naive, but if it is, I’m happy to have a crutch that I can truly rely on, and I have tested God many many times - and He has never let me down. Ever.

I am really praying you all have the same peace in these weird crazy times.



No comments:

Post a Comment