Day 21 - Lessons in the dark



In her book ‘God Chicks Awakened’ Holly Wagner tells us that God often teaches us things in the light that we can use in the dark.


It’s like this - in the daytime, when it’s light, we learn where the furniture is in our bedrooms. That way, at night when it’s dark, we know where everything is , so we can make it to the bathroom without falling over everything!

In the same way, God teaches us things every time we read the Bible, and brings it back to help us when we need it most.

Over these last few weeks God has been reminding me of lots of verses, lots of His promises and the fact that He is always with me.

No matter what is happening around us, the fact that we can rely on Him, that we can point to the times we’ve tested Him and He didn’t ever fail us, gives us the peace I was taking about yesterday.

During my personal times with God, He has given me verses like  Psalm 91 where it says

“This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, 
my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.” ‭‭(v2‬)

And

“The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. 
I will protect those who trust in my name. 
When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. 
I will rescue and honour them.” (v14-15)

How amazing is it to have that assurance when life is so complicated and unsure. I pray that you will understand exactly how much God loves you as you read this today.

And have a read of Psalm 91. It really is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment