Day 92 - Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day! 

So today is Father’s Day and I thought I’d better mention fathers so here are my ramblings for this morning! Sorry it’s so long - you may wanna get your cuppa now!! 

Fathers come in all shapes and sizes. They also come with different attitudes regarding reliability, providing and loving their kids. 

You all have a father. Whether he has been an absent father, a loving father, a father you have lost or a father whose name you don’t even know... we all have a father. It’s one of those biological things that is a necessity! 

But how you grew up really will have an impact on how you view the meaning of the word Father. 

I am extremely lucky. I have a dad who loves me and has supported me through everything - including those interesting teen years! I also have a father who I am slowly but surely getting to know a little better every time I meet up with him. And then I have a father-in-law who is wonderful and my boys have a father who is absolutely amazing with them. 

So I am lucky - and I know I am. 

You may not be so lucky. I understand that. And for that I am so so sorry. I wish you had a good experience. I really do. 
But God... 

There are those words again! You see God is our Father and that can be hard to understand if your thoughts on what a father is, are skewed. So let’s see what the Bible says - 

* He cares for us - we are reminded at the start of Deuteronomy about what God did for the Children of Israel - 

“The Lord your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt. 
And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you travelled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place.’”
‭‭Deuteronomy ‭1:30-31‬

* He looks after the people society often forgets - Psalm 68 reminds us that He is -

“Father to the fatherless, defender of widows— 
this is God, whose dwelling is holy.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭68:5‬ 

* He is a provider - I love these verses in Luke where we are reminded that God loves us even more than our earthly fathers ever could! 

“You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? 
Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! 
So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more 
will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:11-13‬ 

* He will discipline us when we need it - He wants the best for us so will make sure we know what we are doing right and wrong - what we need to change or do. 

“For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. 
But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:10‬ ‭

* He will comfort us - He is always with us so is there in the midst of all our pain too. 

“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. 
When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the 
same comfort God has given us.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭

* He loves us - always and forever! 

“For his unfailing love for us is powerful; 
the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭117:2‬ ‭

And how do we make sure that He is our Heavenly Father? 

“But to ALL who believed Him and accepted Him, 
He gave the right to become children of God...”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12

🎵🎵
Just believe and receive
S-A-L-V-A-T-I-O-N 
😃😃

No comments:

Post a Comment