Day 84 - Made to be special

The Lego movie 

You know I like my movies! So today I want to talk about 'The Lego Movie'. My boys are totally Lego crazy and we have all the Lego x-box games to prove it! And there is something fun about seeing little Lego pieces running around the screen!

We had waited so long to see The Lego Movie and it proved to be as good as we all expected it to be and we all came out with big smiles on our faces! Even my little one sat as still and quiet as a mouse through the whole film - proof indeed that it was good!

But as I thought about the last scenes, I found my thoughts focusing on one line - one line said by a little Lego man in an orange outfit to the big baddy.

"You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone... Right now, it's about you. And you still can change everything."
Emmet - The Lego Movie

Over this last year I have been starting to change things. This month I'm focusing on spending daily time with God - preferably first thing in the morning as my day always goes better if I do it then - and my next challenge is to introduce some daily exercise. Alongside this I am de-cluttering, deep cleaning and decorating our home, attempting to turn it into the haven I want for my family.

But change is a slow process and I know the changes I need to make won't happen overnight. I need to focus, I need God to help me and I need to truly commit to being the best I can be.

But Emmet's line really struck me. It is so true for each and every one of us. God created each of us to be unique. He have each of us talents -as unique and varied as we are. He created us to be individuals. And I believe He made each of us to be the most interesting and most extraordinary person in the universe. None of us are any greater on His eyes. We are all His children. And we get to chose to accept His gifts and talents and use them for his glory, or live tired, boring, quiet lives content to keep to ourselves and never cause a ripple in the world around us.

“For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. 
He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his 
plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace 
through Christ Jesus.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

We are capable of great things - great things for His glory. And we have the potential to change the world for Christ. What are we waiting for??

No comments:

Post a Comment