Day 66 - Healthy women


I am not a healthy person. If you’ve met me you’ll know I’m about 5 stone overweight and I can barely walk to the shop and back. 

I didn’t used to be like this. At school I played hockey and netball, and even completed my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. 

Since then I spent a year playing netball, a year playing football and many many early mornings at various gyms. 

Yet I’m still sitting here, overweight and with no energy. 

There are a couple of verses I wanted to share today - 

“He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:29‬ 

“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭

Strength comes to two forms - physical strength and mental strength. 

Physically, I am useless at the moment. I’ve definitely gotten out of the way of exercising - of even walking - and need to start again. I have zero energy to do anything, never mind to do any type of exercise. I don't have the energy to play with the boys outside, to really do things in my house, and I don't have the energy to be the woman God created me to be. 

That's what good health boils down to. God has given us a purpose and has a plan for our lives, but what happens when we are too tired, too fat, too thin or too sick to do what He wants us to do? We need to make sure that we take care of our bodies, not only so we have the energy to do God's Will, but because once we accept Him as Saviour, our bodies are the home of the Holy Spirit - and at the moment I imagine he's not that pleased with mine. 

In light of this, we need physical health to be able to run our homes the way we should, to be a capable and priceless wife, serving our family as we serve The Lord.

One of my favourite authors is Elizabeth George and in her 'Proverbs 31' study she says -

"I began to apply my strength and energy to better things than lazing on the couch, than non-stop reading, than excessive television viewing. I wanted to be strong in character and in body. To be powerful in mind and in body. To be efficient, capable..."


This is my prayer for today - that God will help get me off the couch and moving - whether it's only to lift the load of laundry to put it in the machine, or to run a half-marathon - I pray He will help me train my body so that physically I can do everything He has for me. 

But for now - small steps!! Every day I am going to try to walk / do 15 minutes exercise in an attempt to build my stamina and my energy levels.

What are you doing to keep your stamina and fitness up during this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment