Day 60 - Roar your name


This February past I went to a wonderful conference with my bestie. Its called Passion and it happens every year at Green Pastures Church in Ballymena. The two of us have been going for nearly ten years and sometimes, like this year, we have other friends join us. Every year is full of amazing teaching and worship. This is a song that the worship team wrote especially for this year's conference, and I wanted to share it with you all. 

Let's look at some of the words :


I was in darkness, living a lie
Caught in the chaos, no strength left to fight
I carried a burden too heavy to stand
Hope was a memory to all my brokenness

But then in a moment You broke through the night
You gave me a promise and hope began to rise
You lifted my head up, you opened my eyes
And now I can see that You've been good all this time

I believe faith is rising up, walls are falling down
You've done it before, You still do it now
My song will rise to you, I'll give you all the praise
With all of heaven I will roar Your name

Fear you have lost your hold on me
I'm free from the chains, my heart will sing
Jesus You're everything I need, I believe

I'll praise with the voice of victory
Singing of how You lifted me
Jesus You're everything I need, I believe


WOW! What a song! I mean I loved it at Passion because it really spoke to me about situations that I was working through, but how appropriate is it for now as well. 

God is the only thing that can give us freedom - from anything that is burdening us, from any situation that is chewing us up and spitting us out, from this pandemic and every other thing that makes us doubt and fear. He is the answer. The only answer. 

We've spoken so much about remembering what God has done in the past - and my challenge to you again is to think about your life, and write down some times God has really been there - even if you didn't realise before. 

God is good, ladies. All the time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment