Day 51 - Women encouraging women

Calling all superheroes! 

The world has been obsessed with superheroes over the last few years. With the Marvel movies, the DC films and all the mini-series that came from them, people with super abilities are commonplace. 

And yet, in reality, they don’t exist. Well, I’ve never met any! 

But I have met a different kind of superhero. 

In November on Instagram I shared black and white pictures of some of the superheroes in my life. Women who have helped me, encouraged me, loved me, fought for me. Women who I have done life with and who I would be lost without. 

    


The best part of Avengers: Endgame, in my opinion, is this scene - 


All the Marvel women from all the different movies come together to help Captain Marvel, with the statement “she’s got help” - it’s powerful and as soon as I watched it I loved it! 

Women helping women, building them up, right beside them, no matter what they are facing. 

That’s what life is supposed to be like - not social media contests to see whose house is cleanest or who has the most followers - not putting down others so you can succeed. 

      


So today think about the superheroes in your life - what women have made an impact and helped you grow and become the woman you are today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment