Day 42 - Butterfly blessings



The blog that I write (on and off) is called Butterfly Blessings - a name I chose because sometimes we go through things that seem like they are nothing - or hard even - but they turn out to be amazing blessings. Like the humble caterpillar becomes the beautiful butterfly.


Well yesterday was one of those days for me. I spent a lot of the day lying in bed with cramps. Not a nice place to be at all.

BUT it turned out it was exactly what I needed.

I’ve spoken before about mental health, so you all know I’m a little crazy! But seriously, I do not do ‘peopling’ very well - and that includes my own people. I’ve discovered over this time that I need my own space, that I need time each day to be alone. I can’t be ‘peopling’ 24/7.

So that’s why yesterday was such a gift. Painful as my cramps were, I spent about half of the day on my own, with the boys all being very good at being quiet and not coming to ask me lots of questions! I got my quiet alone time and it made a big difference.

I don’t like that I am like this. I don’t like the fact that I need alone time or that I can’t do people all the time. I want to be more sociable and more outgoing. But this is who I am.

And God knows that. He knows that sometimes I need to be with just Him and me. And sometimes I want everyone around me.

He knows me. And what I need.

Psalm 147:5 says
“How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! 
His understanding is beyond comprehension!”

We are all different and we are all coping in different ways. And we are all making it through this one day at a time - one baby step at a time.

Remember today that sometimes our blessings don’t look like blessings at the start. Look for the butterflies!


No comments:

Post a Comment