Day 32 - God is always faithful


We’ve been working hour way through the Bible as a family this year, and so far we’ve made it to Deuteronomy so we’re not doing too badly! I can tell you that those last couple of books are hard going! Lots of names and places and laws... but it’s important to read them.

One of the things I really noticed was the pattern that happened repeatedly -

God did something amazing... ๐ŸŽ‰
The children of Israel mucked up...๐Ÿ˜ฉ
God saved them again with something amazing...๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
They complained... ๐Ÿ˜ก

This happens again and again. The wilderness journey should have taken them 2 weeks. But because God had so much to teach them it took 40 years!

What I realised is this.
Often when we are in situations not to our liking, we pray that God will work, do something amazing or bring us out of it. Once that happens - because God is amazing - we can quickly fall into the children of Israel’s pattern. If things don’t go exactly as we thought or if our new normal isn’t what we expected God to bring us to...

The children of Israel complained...

“If only we had died in the land of Egypt! 
Or if only we had died in this wilderness! 
Why has the LORD brought us to this land 
to fall by the sword... Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?”
‭Numbers‬ ‭14:2‬ ,3

We complain too.

“If only I hadn’t had that conversation - now everything is ruined”

“If only I hadn’t left done that...”

“I had life much better over there - I should’ve stayed... maybe I should go back”

What we have to remember, ladies, is that God has a plan. And He is always good. If He has brought you out of somewhere or something, there’s a reason and we need to trust Him.

The great thing is, no matter how much the children of Israel complained and messed up,God was always there for them and He always had something amazing to show them His love.

And for us? He sent Jesus to die, rise again and be our very best friend ever.

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; 
Therefore I have continued My faithfulness to you.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:3


No comments:

Post a Comment