Day 29 - You say I am loved...




We all know the wee rhyme -

“Sticks and stones may break my bones 
but words will never hurt me.”

And we all know how wrong it is.

Words are extremely important and can hurt us for longer than a broken bone takes to heal.

It’s especially difficult if you have had words spoken over you that make you doubt yourself - that you aren’t good enough, pretty enough, that you aren’t doing what you should be doing...

These words will haunt you, even if you brush them off at the time. They have a bad habit of coming back to you when you are at your most vulnerable.

Our song’s chorus says -

“You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
And when I don't belong, oh, You say I am Yours
And I believe, oh, I believe
What You say of me
I believe”

You see God tells us a completely different story. He tells us how special we are, how amazing we are, how much He loves us. It’s all there in the pages of the Bible.

He uses words like

* Masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
* Chosen (1 Peter 2:9)
* Members of God’s family (Ephesians 2:19)
* Precious (Proverbs 31:10)
* Wise (Proverbs 31:26)

If you have had words spoken over you that are bringing you down, take some time to look at what God says about you and how He looks at you.

And read Psalm 91 again.

And again.

And again.

“He will cover you with his feathers. 
He will shelter you with his wings. 
His faithful promises are your armour and protection.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:4‬ ‭

Praying God’s wisdom shuts out the voices from outside and within today so you know exactly how special you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment