Day 27 - I am...


How would finish this sentence?


Take a moment and think ...

There are lots of ways to introduce yourself or complete this sentence. You can give your name, you can describe what you look like, you can tell them what you do or what you are like.

Normally, whether you live in a house by yourself, with a loved one or with family, every single one of you have a number of words to describe you.

Usually I can say I am a wife, a mum, a sister, a daughter, a daughter-in-law, an aunt, a niece, a cousin, a friend, a co-worker, a classroom assistant, a housekeeper, a cook, a taxi driver and a laundrette - to name a few.

But now we are being asked to add to that - I am now also a teacher to keep the kids learning, a barber, a baker, a piano tutor, a policing of when people go out, a personal trainer to keep them getting air and exercise...

And so so often we feel like we are failing at one or more. Sometimes at it all.

So today I want to give you one word to finish that sentence.

For every single one of you - no matter what age, situation, job, feeling...

I am ENOUGH.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians -

But he said to me, 
"My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness."

God doesn’t need us to be able to do everything amazingly well. He knows we have weaknesses. He knows when we succeed and when we fail.

The difference? He is there beside us ready to help us. He gives us the grace and strength to do things - not because we are brilliant, but because He is.

We just need to ask Him for help.

So remember today - no matter what you are doing - you are doing a great job, you are good enough, you are held by a God who just wants to help - simply ask Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment