Day 25 - Waiting on God again



Most of you know me personally, so you know that whether it’s good or bad, I’m kind of honest to a fault about my life.


I’ve discussed having depression, my faith and what it’s like in a house with 5 men!

So I’m going to continue with my honesty this morning.

Yesterday - on the day we celebrate the greatest day in history - the most important day of the Christian calendar - I really struggled.

I love Easter and everything it represents and it was so good sitting with my family watching our Pastor’s Easter Sunday message. In fact it was really lovely being all together in our sofa.

But mentally yesterday was a struggle.

Yesterday it all just hit me. After nearly 4 weeks were I’ve only left the house a handful of times, with everyone literally on top of each other the whole time, and with a complete lack of motivation and energy - I struggled. I hit a wall and it was not good.

I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss school. I even miss having my time to myself to nap or read. We are in a house with 3 bedrooms, but there’s 6 of us so quite often you end up sitting in the hall to get some peace!

Mostly I miss normality. But I’ve come to realise, as I made an apple sponge for dessert (yes more baking!!), that ‘normal’ doesn’t exist anymore and can never again.

So where am I going with this??

I am in a period of waiting. Waiting to see what happens in the world. Waiting to see when school returns, jobs restart and places open up again. Waiting to see what the new normal will look like. And that will be exciting.

Ladies, we are all going to hit the wall at some point. We will all get discouraged, afraid or just plain cabin fever. We will all have bad days. But...

I don’t know what the future holds but I know who holds the future.

God who knows us and will give us little miracles each day to remind us that He loves us and that He has us.

Look for the miracles today. You’ll be so encouraged, I promise you!



No comments:

Post a Comment