Day 13 - Quiet time



Lots of people have commented on social media, listing all the things they have been doing during the lockdown - things they wouldn’t usually have time to do.

Well, in the last week, instead of being a classroom assistant,
I have been baking, knitting, cutting hair, repairing glasses and spending time playing games with my boys.

But I’ve also had the opportunity to do something else.

When I’m at school and balancing everything that happens in my life - and with 4 boys it is a LOT of balancing -I often struggle to fit in a time every day where I can spend time with God - a quiet time.

What do I mean by that?

When I have my quiet time I spend time praying (talking God through everything that’s going on in my head), reading the Bible and usually doing a little study book to help me better understand what I’ve read. Sometimes I use worship music to help me focus.Sometimes it’ll be so ‘on the run’ that I use the Bible app to read the passage out loud as I do other things. A lot of the time I pray in the car.

But now there is no running, no lifts, no school, no football, no car journeys at all... and I have the time to actually sit quietly with God and enjoy some time together.

It is amazing! Over the last couple of weeks I’ve read the same stories and got something new out of them. I’ve listened to the same worship songs as always, but got a moment of clarity.

When we sit and listen to God it will always be amazing.

Psalm 33 says -

“Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. 
For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted 
in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, 
just as we hope in You.” 
(v 20-22)

‭‭Instead of going crazy during this time of solitude and isolation, why not read through the Bible and encounter God like you never have before.

And if you need any help with where to start let me know! I’ve plenty of tips up my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment