A new year and a new blog title!

Yet again we come close to the end of a year, and anticipate the beginning of a brand new one. I have to say that 2023 has been good to me - don’t get me wrong - we’ve had our ups and downs, trials and celebrations, but overall I have lots of amazing memories to take away with me. 

The difference this year is my memory! I literally have to go through my camera roll and my diary to remember anything that happened! The joys of getting old… 

So here are a few of my favourite memories just to share with you (and me when I get even older!!). 

JANUARY 

Taking two great friends to see Sister Act in the Grand Opera House, Belfast…not forgetting our dinner and cocktails!!! 



And then we had snow, fresh eggs (amazing!!) and this cartoon has me in stitches every time I see it!!! 

FEBRUARY



I had my first movement ring complete!! I know - it's a bit sad but I was very excited!! Also in this group is the lovely batch of pancakes I made for Pancake Tuesday and the amazing artwork for our Pirates Day in school (obviously I couldn't share any pics of any of the kids but a lot of fun was had!!).


Also in February I had the joy of taking Ethan to Amsterdam for his 'finishing school' trip. We had a great trip away, even though he was sick the whole first day. But we made it to the vital part of the trip - watching Ajax v Waalwijk - and it was a great match! We even found out that some guys we knew where across the stadium from us! 

MARCH



March came with lots more football matches watched - I don't even want to think about the amount of matches I've actually watched this year! We also had some snow!!! It didn't lie for long but it was fun to watch it fall. And finally some beautiful daffodils - I love them. They help us think of spring and new beginnings. 

APRIL


These pictures tell a lot of stories! Unfortunately I can't share them all, but happy happy memories! I made some scones - using a Tik Tok recipe - and they were lovely! We had our annual Nixon family trip to Kilbroney Forest Park and had our picnic in the freezing cold as usual - its definitely an endurance thing!! And finally my hair - in this picture it is actually not greasy - its covered in pink mud - from an amazing spa day that I was treated to. Michelle, Candy and I were spoilt rotten and put the world to rights between massages, coffees and saunas! It truly was amazing!

MAY


May was a hard month in work. We had to clear a classroom in a month - including a store that it was impossible to even step inside! My partner in crime, Janet, was amazing - she is a powerhouse and so organised so kept us on track when all I wanted to do was sort silly things and chat! 
The slightly nicer part of May was that I got the opportunity to have some special cuppas with friends and family - including delicious waffles and a lemon meringue pie to die for! 

Finally, we had a wonderful school trip to Mount Stewart - absolutely beautiful place and I took way too many photos of trees and flowers! And of course we had the coronation of the King Charles and Queen Camilla. 

JUNE

A mixture of fun and tears in June. Firstly we had Cerys's hen do (well her school one!) where we went to Eden Pottery and painted on some lovely designs on mugs! It was so much fun and the food was so good! Then we had tears as one of the teachers found out that she had got her dream job closer to her home. She loves working with us (who wouldn't!!) but she has young kids so it was so hard on her every morning. So we had lots of tears. We will definitely miss you Jess! And finally - sand, because we had lovely weather and started our numerous beach trips!

Second half of the year will come tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment