Rebel Badge Book!

 I have found my new favourite book!!! Well - its more of a club than a book - but it is right down my street and I can't wait to get started with it! Let me explain more.



Its the REBEL BADGE BOOK - and its basically merit badges for adults. I absolutely LOVED doing badge work when I was in Campaigners - there was nothing like having an arm of badges, even if you did have to sew them all on! It was a really satisfying thing to know that you had done all of the hard work and completed the whole thing, and getting that lovely little cloth badge just rounded it all off! 

I think this is part of the reason I love lists so much - the satisfaction of completing things and ticking them off. And this is something coming from me - a person who cannot finish anything. It is something I really am thinking about at the moment. I have started so many things in my life and haven't really been able to finish any of them - from the Women's Study Fellowship to learning sports to music lessons to not really completing my degree to the best of my ability. 

So now we have this book - an absolutely amazing book full of badges to make me shiver with excitement! They have two volumes, complete with cloth badges or stickers - I chose the stickers this time - and they even have a monthly challenge (for a new badge) and quarterly challenges that help guide you if you have no idea which one to do next. 

This month's challenge is the 'CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE' where we have been given a list of  related activities, and we just have to do eight of them to successfully achieve the badge. 

 

The activities I am going to try are:

  • Try 5 new flavours of chocolate that you've never tried before. Rate them out of five and explain why.
  • Find out about the Fair Trade Mark and ethical chocolate production.
  • Give someone a chocolate bar as a random act of kindness.
  • Make a savoury dish which includes chocolate in the recipe.
  • Make a chocolate-based dessert.
  • Try a chocolate which meets a dietary requirement you don't have - eg Vegan or low sugar.
  • Blind test five different brands of the same type of chocolate. Rate them.
  • Play the 'chocolate game' (using a knife, fork, gloves and dress up clothes)


And the quarterly challenge that runs from April to June is called 'A LIFE LESS ORDINARY'


The activities for this badge include:
  • Complete 'My Story' - how is your life extraordinary?
  • Complete 1 Global Badge  - focus on other people's lives.
  • Complete a badge from a section of the badge book which you have completed the least from so far... won't be hard to choose since I'm just starting out!! 
  • Let someone else chose a badge for you to complete...
  • Write yourself a list of at least 25 things you'd like to do in your life. Complete one during the 3 months you're doing this badge. 
  • Once a week, for the 12 weeks, you're doing this badge, do something you've never done before. Big or small. 12 new things over 12 weeks. 
So yeah - can you see why I'm excited? These tie in with my 23 things to do in 2023, and my crazy chick life list! So I'm going to officially start on Monday (tomorrow) and although I've missed a few weeks, I'll continue on into July to finish up my 12 weeks. 

If anyone out there wants to join me, just let me know! We'll be swimming in badges in no time! And hopefully, living our best lives while we do it!

Tanya ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment