2023 - part 2!

Onto the second half of the year!

JULY


July was a very special month - we were able to watch our eldest son, Benjamin, graduate with a degree in law. Unfortunately there was a lecturer strike in all the universities so they all graduated with a pass degree, classification to be confirmed. So that was interesting. But we are so so proud of him. He has worked so hard! We took his Granda Hugh with us to watch him, and he said 'I've never been here before' to which we laughed - he literally was there for A's  graduation years ago!!! 

The next photo is one of my favourites - I reorganised the boxes under the bench in the classroom! I have needed to do this for a couple of years but finally I got the boxes needed and got it all sorted!! Doesn't it look good! The candles were inside the Titanic museum, when I took my bff Karen to listen to a string quartet playing the music of Hans Zimmer. It was really magical. 

Ryan moved to Bangor FC so this picture was extra exciting. He had been trialling with the U18s/U20s team but got chosen to play with the first team for a friendly. So this was actually his FIRST senior debut ever!! And they won! And of course we end with my world - my five most precious people ever. 

AUGUST


August started with Cerys's wedding to Alan, so Karen, Linda and I went up to her evening do and had a great evening. She was a really beautiful bride. I also helped with the Factory week in church - helping with a group of kids going into P3 - it really was fun - and you'll spot me in the weird looking navy top dancing! Lastly, I started my new job with Inspired Greatness Podiatry and Well-being Centre, IG for short - which is my wee sis Kat's business. I am so excited to work for her, especially because I get to see her and have a natter with her every day now!

SEPTEMBER

My top three pictures of September... Firstly, Micah with his rugby coach Mr Wallace, after getting the 'Rugby Teammate of the Year' award for the school. Then we have Ben's actual degree which arrived this month!! Even though he had started at the Institute of Legal and Professional Studies already, this was the confirmation for him that he had got what he needed, and he was able to relax! (Ok, so we were able to relax! He was fine!) And finally, the first team photo after Ryan had been signed by Bangor U20s, which is their Reserve Team. 

OCTOBER


This month I had a night out with my bff again - this time to a worship night, run by Kari Jobe. All I can say is WOW! It was so good and just so inspiring. She sang beautiful songs, spoke so well and shared the gospel clearly and concisely. There was no way anyone didn't know how to come to God after that!

The other three photos are from our coaching. I say our coaching, but really Ryan had to go down to coach for his A-level PE, so I was the cameraman for 10 very cold weeks. We recorded in the rain, hail and freezing wind! It was fun and I saw some beautiful sunsets, but it was COLD!!! 

NOVEMBER

This month was the most fun because Alan and I got to go on a trip together! He had a work trip to Tallinn, and I was invited to join him, so off to Estonia we went, leaving the boys alone for the first time ever! We did make sure that Ben and Ethan were at home, and the fact that they both drive meant we knew things were going to go ok! 

Tallinn was beautiful - I would love to go back! My only regret was that there wasn't any snow yet! But I loved my trip there. I walked around and explored while A worked, and then we spent the evenings meeting friends, going to the spa and even made it to the opera! I could definitely move to Tallinn - its really lovely! 
 

Other highlights (or low lights) of November included more football matches, some autumn walks and I made (or tried to make) a Christmas wreath with my sister! The best thing was when I was able to get Nanna's car working - she had this car from 2001 until she died, and then after using it for a few years, Terry gave it to me to use. Finally we got it working, on the road and I am delighted to be using it! And the low point? Having my oven break a couple of weeks before Christmas, and having to go on Black Friday to buy a new one!! 

DECEMBER


December - I can't believe it came so quickly... but there it was. School wise, we had a great nativity, I got a fabulous advent calendar, we had a very successful year group Secret Santa and we took part in the staff Christmas song - son't Karen, Katie, Louise and I look good!!! 

And finally - the rest of the month... firstly - how tall is Ryan?! This is me beside his shoulder! Then we have me and Kat - sisters together for the IG Christmas pic!!! And how cute is my wee hallway tree! 

Then we have the Nixon family party - some of us anyway from the annual party at Darren's house - and the Sayers grand-kids pic - the first year all Mum and Dad's grandchildren have been in the same country at the same time EVER!! 

And lastly, our games day, helping Ben at JYC and a beautiful sunset to end the year.

-----------------------------------

As I said earlier - 2023 has been a good year and we thank God that we have made it through this year the way we have. There have been trials and problems that we've had to overcome, but these memories have more than made up for those times. 

Tomorrow I'll share the vision for 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment