Hello strangers...

I know - its been a while! Life has been a real roller-coaster and gone round and round in circles over the last 6 months. It's definitely been a challenge. But that's a story for another day! 

So I'm back! It's the summer and I've ready to have lots of fun with family and friends. I'm really a bit sick of Covid19 spoiling all our plans, putting us back into lockdown after lockdown, but no matter what happens, I'm in the mood for some fun, food and fellowship!

The first thing I do want to do this summer is read some of the many books I've accumulated over the last few years! I love the feel of a real book so I treated myself and now have lots to read, highlight and absorb. The first is this wee gem:


I've heard quotes from this book in so many places so thought I'd just go straight to the source and just read the book. I've lots of wee trips to Lisburn planned for the summer for rugby training, so I plan to spend my waiting time reading this. I'll do a wee book review at the end of it, with my favourite quotes and lessons I've learnt. 

The second thing I need to do - yes that's a NEED not a want!! - is to start moving more and actually eating the right stuff. I love food and I've been very honest on here about my issues around eating, but I have reached the point where I need to actually so everything that I know - and start to lose the extra weight I'm carrying. 


I am not going on a diet. I'm not starting a particular exercise plan. I am simply changing my menu to include more fruit, vegetables and much less sugar and fat. And I am going to start walking. 

So I'll let you know how I get on! 

And the last thing, for now, is to make memories with my kids. We bought a 'Family Challenge Book' so we will be working through one challenge a week. The first one is to design 5 paper planes and have some races!! I'll let you know when I win!!! 

So yes, while we won't get an actual holiday this year, we are determined to make memories and have fun!
Enjoy your summer! 
Tanya ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment