New Year - New Goals

For the last 40 days of the year I hosted a ‘40 days to finishing well’ devotional with a group of friends to help us get ready for 2021. Based on 1 Thessalonians 5:12-18 we looked at how to rejoice, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances, especially in view of 2020 and all that was thrown at us. It was such a joy to be able to work through these verses with this wonderful group of lovely ladies. 


The last few days we looked at setting goals to help us grow in the New Year. Not New Year's resolutions - firstly they don’t work and secondly they are set in ancient pagan rituals, so we don’t want to go there! - goals to help us grow. There are several areas that I want to grow this year - 


  • Spiritually

  • Emotionally 

  • Physically

  • Personally


So my aim is to set goals in each area and work towards them. It has been interesting trying to narrow down my goals, but I know that as long as I make progress and keep my eyes fixed on God I’ll be doing ok! 


So in January my goal is to spend quality time with God each morning, using prayer, worship and studying the Bible. I am also hoping to keep a gratitude diary, working through the 1000 gifts monthly guide. It is definitely a fun way to count our blessings. 



I really would love to continue writing as well - but I’m not the most organised person in the world, so we’ll see how that goes! 

So for now… Happy New Year!

Tanya ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment