Day 96 - Time


It seems like we have been in our houses for years. It seems like we haven’t been able to hug our relatives for years. It feels like we’ve been schooling at home for decades!!! 

But in reality it’s been about 14 weeks. Just over a quarter of 2020. And in terms my life - it’s less than half a percent! 

Time is relative. And in a few years we’ll look back on this as “those weird couple of months”.

The thing is - because we are infinite human beings, time is something we can’t really understand. 

Like when we talk about 5 years down the line - I know I think I’ll be the same age and that it’s not long - but then I think in 5 years my kids will be 23, 21, 18 and 17. How scary is that!!!! 

And when we sing ‘Amazing Grace’ and we sing - 

“When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.”

it is completely beyond our understanding. How on earth can we even begin to imagine that! 

But that is the truth. Eternity is THAT LONG - and that’s why it is so important that we know where we are spending it. 

I’m not going to preach at you (much!) but I’ve really enjoyed these last 95 days with you all and I really want you all to be with me when I’m singing for those 10,000+ days! 

So where are you going to be? 

You need to seriously give it some though ladies. And you need to make sure that Jesus is the one you are turning to, to be sure of eternity with Him. 

Any questions - you know where I am!! 😘


No comments:

Post a Comment