Day 75 - I am the daughter of the King 



I am the daughter of the King…

"For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus"
Galatians 3:26

Not only did God send His only Son to die on the cross for us, He then adopted us into His family – we are His children – so I can quite seriously state that I am a daughter of the King! If you think about the whole issue of adoption it is amazing. I know that lots of people don’t have good stories to tell, there are too many flawed human beings out there. 

BUT one story I know is the story I think about when I think about God adopting me into His family. I recently found this out. When you are adopted, by one or both of your parents, you no longer need a birth certificate. If you need identification for anything, your adoption certificate takes precedence and becomes the only thing you need to tell people who you are. 

So think about that… no longer are you the person you were. You truly are a new creation – with a new name and a new identity. 

Amazing! And to top it off think about this for an amazing story – a young girl is adopted, and has someone who took on the role of dad to her when he married her mum, loved her unconditionally and never ever mentioned once in her whole life that she wasn’t his. So much so that most of her friends had no idea she was even adopted in the first place. Total unconditional love. 

And that is the example I want to leave with you. God loves you that much. Totally and unconditionally and completely. We are princesses - not because we have princes - but because our Father is the King of Kings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment