Day 58 - Mental health awareness week


“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? 
I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— 
my Savior and my God”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42:5‬ ‭

This is mental health awareness week so I thought I should sure a couple of verses to keep us focused on God and how He helps us. 

I have been very open about my mental health battles - check the blog if you don’t know! - and the one thing that has gotten me through it all was God. No matter how low I got (or get) I know He is there, right beside me. 

During this weird time in the world, when we are isolated or ‘locked’ in a house with our families - we are especially vulnerable to mental health problems. 

And it’s true that social media and the endless photos of someone else’s ‘perfect’ life can affect us even more. We need to remember that what we see there is the finished, possibly taken 10 times, highlight - not the background mess behind it. 

But there is hope. God gives us hope because He is our God and Saviour and no matter how low we feel right now, we will sing again and praise again and worship again. 

I’ve said before, when I get low I sing because it’s lifts my spirit, and this verse is the reason for that. 

God will give you all the hope you need. Hope for better days, hope for seeing family and friends again, and being able to hug them, hope for a new normal. 

Have a great week my lovely ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment