Day 55 - No more procrastinating!



You know you live in a house full of boys when this is the reading material in the bathroom!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Thought I’d share a bit of life as I know it right now because let’s face it - we are doing things we never thought we’d be doing! 

Yesterday I baked apple sponges, cupcakes and mini sponge things - I ran out of bun cases so they were extremely weird!! And I definitely did NOT burn on of them šŸ¤¦‍♀️ So today I’m not allowed to bake because I get too distracted and want to make the whole cookbook and realistically I’m the only one who eats the weirder stuff. 

Yesterday I painted the edges of my en-suite - yes it’s taken me this long but today it means I can finally get all the stuff back into it and my room will be my room again! 

Yesterday I watched too many episodes of Agents of Shield - mainly while peeling potatoes and prepping carrots and parsnips for the stew but still... that means that today I have to make up time and do more laundry etc. 

Yesterday we did about Samson and his wife, and his riddle and his killing lots of people by jawbone - in our family Bible time - and today we get to meet Delilah! 

Yesterday I did not do any school work with M - instead I think I read about 1,000 Mr Men stories (it was only 6 but it felt like a thousand!) for our kiddies to watch. That means I have the delight of doing work ALL DAY with the boys. Pray for me šŸ˜‚ - no seriously pray!!! 

And last night went to bed late after playing quiz games with the boys and having cups of tea and biscuits at 10pm. That meant today we all slept in - nice but takes away my morning. 

What I’ve noticed is that what I do today always - and I mean always - has an effect on what I do tomorrow. Procrastination is a really big problem of mine, but even if you don’t have that issue, we really need to be intentional in what we spend our time doing. 

Benjamin Franklin said “Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.”

And the Bible has a lot to say about it - 

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. 
At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭10:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Wow! What a challenge! We need to make sure that we are doing what needs done, for ourselves, for our families and ultimately for God. It’s very easy to put things off - I’ll do that another day... I’ll be in a better mood to do that tomorrow... but we need to be careful that we aren’t just being lazy and procrastinating. 

But even better we are told - 
“Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. 
My power works best in weakness.” 
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ can work through me.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What a sigh of relief! I don’t have to do it on my own! God really is good. All the time. 

This is more for me - the Queen of Putting-things-off-land than any of you, but I thought I’d encourage you in our journey together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment