Psalms

This year my Bible study group is going to be working our way through the Psalms. I am so excited. I love the Psalms, and I have more than a couple of favourites. 


There are different types of Psalms from laments, wisdom, thanksgiving, to liturgical and royal. Each Psalm has a different reason for being included. Some are there to help us look to God for help, while some are there to help us bring praise and thanksgiving to God. 

The Psalms are musical poetry and have certain patterns that are noticeable. There are certain things that we can look for. We’ll be hoping to notice them as we go through the Psalms. 

Here are some of them : 



I’m really looking forward to going through them. It may take a while but what a journey it will be!!!  This is how we are going to do it - working through two Psalms a week, following the First 5 experience guide for Psalms. 






I’m kind of a study geek as well as being a maths geek so I’m going to love doing notes for these! They will be used as part of my spiritual growth goal. 


All part of learning to breathe...

Tanya 🖤




No comments:

Post a Comment