Looking at our legacy


Last week we watched Hamilton, and at the end of it this quote really hit me. I've been thinking about it a lot since then. What legacy are we leaving for the next generation? What kind of things are we passing down? What habits - good and bad - are we installing in our kids? What oddities are we making 'normal' to the  people we live with? 

WOW! A lot of questions for a little quote. So I've been looking a little at legacy, and I've come up with three things to look at. This week I'm going to look at each of the three individually. Or at least try to! 

I'll be starting tomorrow with what kind of legacy we come from - looking back at our genealogy and what we were born into. Then I'll be looking at the legacy we live in - looking at the way our family situations impact how we live day by day. Then finally we'll look at the legacy we leave - what we decide to leave for the generations to come. 

Hopefully we'll find our some very interesting things as we look at this. 

Tanya ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment