Day 98 - The hairs on our heads


This is one of my favourite pictures of my hair! I had washed it and worn it up so when it dried (well- half dried!!) it had lovely wavy curls. 

I wish my hair was like this all the time but alas I was not blessed with curls. Instead I was ‘blessed’ with cows licks on each side of my head which mean that it’s harder to wear my hair down without it looking weird!!!! 

But that’s not what this is about! The fact is - when you look at my picture - you see hair. You see some single strands, some clumps, some brown, some blonde, and even some grey. 

But can you count them?

In Matthew 10 Jesus says these words - 

"And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:30‬ ‭

The average person has around 100,000 hairs on their head. As we get older we lose some (esp our distinguished gentlemen!) and sometimes we lose them for others reasons, like when we are going through treatment or if we have certain medical conditions. 

But regardless of how much or how little hair we have - God knows exactly what that number is. Exactly. As one falls out, as one grows - He knows it all. 

That is how much He cares for us. I know that it’s hard to understand because I can’t imagine keeping track of that in my own hair never mind any of my boys hair - and trust me when I say I’ve had plenty of experience - from having to be barber during this time to fishing out those lovely ‘guests’ when they were in primary school! 

But I couldn’t begin to count or to know how many hairs they have on their heads. And I love them more than anything else. 

But God loves them more. And He loves me more. And not a single hair will fall or grow without Him knowing. 

God loves you ladies - He truly loves you. And as we come to the end of our adventure - we’re on day 98 and I’m going to finish at 100!! - I want you to know this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment